St. Joseph's Academy Boys Basketball Team, 1929
St. Joseph's Academy Basketball Team
St. Joseph's Academy's seven-member boys basketball team standing in a wooded area in 1929. St. Joseph's Academy, located at 53 East Jefferson Street in Downtown Orlando, Florida, opened on October 17, 1889, with just 40 students. The school, built by Father J. J. Creed of St. James Cathedral, was to serve the children of St. James Church until 1929, when a new Italian Renaissance-style school was opened at 505 East Ridgewood Street between Cathcart Avenue and Hillman Avenue. The school stood at the northeast corner of the church property at Main Street and Robinson Street, where the U.S. Post Office now stands in Downtown Orlando on 51 East Jefferson Street. Photographed from left to right are Franklin Zane, Jack Spellman, Eugene Jane, Paul Yochum, Ray Jane, and Fred Yochum would be the last basketball team of St. Joseph Academy.
Is Format Of
Digital reproduction of original 10 x 10 inch black and white photograph, 1929.
Is Part Of
Downtown Orlando Post Office Collection, Orlando Remembered Collection, Orlando Collection, Orange County Collection, RICHES of Central Florida.
10 x 10 inch black and white photograph
St. Joseph's Academy, Downtown Orlando, Florida
St. James Pioneer Days: Parish & School Reunion : October 5-6, 1974. [Orlando, Fla.]: [St. James Parish], 1974.
"About Us." St. James Cathedral. http://www.stjamesorlando.org/about-us/.
Still Image Item Type Metadata
1 black and white photograph
10 x 10 inches