St. James Cathedral's Original Wooden Church Building
St. James Catholic Church
St. James Cathedral was originally finished in June of 1891 under Bishop John Moore of the Diocese of St. Augustine, Father Swembergh, and later Father Creed, who succeeded Father Swembergh following his death. Since its original 40 by 70 feet wooden structure, the cathedral has been renovated three times. It was rebuilt entirely in 1952, renovated to become the cathedral of the Diocese of Orlando in the late 1970s, after St. Charles Borromeo Cathedral had burned down. More recently, in 2009, the cathedral was renovated again to restore some of the original stone work and rose windows.
Is Format Of
Digital reproduction of original black and white drawing.
Is Part Of
St. Joseph's Academy Collection, Orlando Remembered Collection, Orlando Collection, Orange County Collection, RICHES of Central Florida.
1 black and white drawing
St. James Cathedral, Downtown Orlando, Florida
Still Image Item Type Metadata