Atlantic Coast Line Railroad
In this ca.1915 panoramic view of Winter Garden’s main intersection, the camera faces east, capturing an Atlantic Coast Line Railroad train as it arrives downtown. The wooden ACL depot was built in 1906. The Bank of Winter Garden is on the right, with Strozier Merchandise, rebuilt in brick after the 1912, to its left. The 1912 Dillard and Boyd building, at the far right, featured sidewalk awnings at this point in time. The Shelby Hotel, a J. L. Dillard enterprise, is seen in the distance at the far left. The town of Winter Garden grew up quickly on either side of the railroad tracks in the 1910s and 1920s. Notice the grassy flats and untrimmed weeds adjacent to the ACL tracks.