Browse Items (5 total)

  • Tags: Cruger and DePeyster Sugar Mill

LCC000723.pdf
A postcard depicting what was once believed to be an old Franciscan mission with origins dating back to the time of Christopher Columbus (ca. 1451-1506). However, Captain Charles Henry Coe (1856-1954) debunked this myth in Debunking the So-Called…

LCC000702.pdf
A postcard depicting what was once believed to be an old Franciscan mission with origins dating back to the time of Christopher Columbus (ca. 1451-1506). However, Captain Charles Henry Coe (1856-1954) debunked this myth in Debunking the So-Called…

CC00011.pdf
A brochure for the New Smyrna Sugar Mill Ruins, located at 600 Old Mission Road in New Smyrna Beach, Florida. For many years, the site, also known as the Cruger and DePeyster Sugar Mill, was mistaken for the ruins of a Spanish mission with origins…

CC00009.jpg
Debunking the So-Called Spanish Mission Near New Smyrna Beach, Volusia County, Florida by Captain Charles Henry Coe (1856-1954). The book challenges the misconception that a site located two miles west of New Smyrna was the ruins of a Spanish mission…

CC00007.pdf
A letter of correspondence from Dr. John Milton Hawks (1826-1910), the founder of Hawks Park (present-day Edgewater), to Captain Charles Henry Coe (1856-1954), author of Red Patriots: The Story of the Seminoles. In the letter, Dr. Hawks discusses the…