Browse Items (5 total)

  • Tags: Deputy Collector of Customs

CC00015.jpg
A newspaper article by Captain Charles Henry Coe (1856-1954) regarding veterans in Florida Keys during the hurricane season. In the article, Capt. Coe argues that there is "no reasonable excuse for allowing the veterans to remain on low-lying keys in…

CC00005.jpg
A letter of correspondence from Thomas F. House to William Henry Coe (1824-1879), the founder of Glencoe, Florida, dated September 2, 1878. In the letter, House, who is the Collector of Customs for the District of St. Augustine, informs Coe that in…

CC00004.jpg
A certificate of appointment for William Henry Coe (1824-1879), the founder of Glencoe, Florida. The certificate was issued by Collector of Customs Thomas F. House and confirmed by the U.S. Secretary of the Treasury on April 10, 1879. Coe was…

CC00001.jpg
The headstone for William Henry Coe (1824-1879), the founder of Glencoe, at the Edgewater-New Smyrna Cemetery, also known as Hawks Park Cemetery, located at 700 South Ridgewood Avenue in Edgewater, Florida. Due to poor health, Coe moved with his wife…