Browse Items (2 total)

  • Tags: Freeze of 1894-1895

SC00249.jpg
Belair Grove after the Freeze of 1894-1895.In 1870, Henry Shelton Sanford purchased 12,547.15 square acres of land known as the Sanford Grant. The acreage included an experiment station called Belair Grove, located just three miles southwest of the…

HH00272.pdf
A history written by Lillian Della Lee Lawton (1882-1977) chronicling the history of the Oviedo Woman's Club (OWC), which was founded in 1906 as the Oviedo Magazine Club by seven charter members: H. B. McCall, Edith Meade, Georgia Lee Wheeler,…