314 South Boyd Street, Winter Garden
314 South Boyd Street
Winter Garden (Fla.)
Houses and homes
This one-story Frame Vernacular-style building was constructed at 314 South Boyd Street in Winter Garden, Florida, in 1928. Located in Smith's #3 subdivision, platted by G. T. Smith in 1925, it initially served as the clubhouse for the Winter Garden Woman's Club, which was organized in 1926. Later, the building housed the Winter Garden Library. The library association lost the building in 1936 because of delinquent taxes. Judson Moore, Mayor of Winter Garden from 1945-47 and 1961-63, and manager of the Pounds Goodyear store on Plant Street, also lived in this house.
Original color digital image by Katherine Bowers, July 2014: Winter Garden Heritage Foundation.
Is Format Of
Digital reproduction of original color digital image, July 2014.
1 color digital image
Winter Garden Woman's Club, Winter Garden, Florida
Winter Garden Library, Winter Garden, Florida
Home of Mayor Judson Moore Winter Garden, Florida
Originally created by Katherine Bowers.
Cappleman, Kay, and Rod Reeves. Sundays in the South: Touring West Orange County. Winter Garden, FL: Winter Garden Heritage Foundation, 2009.
"Welcome." City of Winter Garden. http://www.cwgdn.com/.
Winter Garden Heritage Foundation. All Aboard!: A Journey Through Historic Winter Garden, 1880-1950. Winter Garden, FL: The Foundation, 1997.