Browse Items (8 total)

  • Tags: Boyd Street

WGHF00032.jpg
This photograph highlights the Tavares & Gulf Railroad Depot, a water tower, and Winter Garden Light & Water Company around 1913. This depot replaced the original 1889 structure in 1913, at a cost of $1,765. The western portion, built of…

WGHF00029.jpg
The First National Bank of Winter Garden, located at the corner of Plant Street and Boyd Street around 1919. The bank opened on the previous location of Arthur Bullard Newton's dry goods store, which was built in 1909. In 1919, Newton served as the…

Episode 18 of A History of Central Florida podcasts: Time Pieces. A History of Central Florida Podcast series explores Central Florida's history through the artifacts found in local area museums and historical societies. These podcasts can involve…

Episode 17 of A History of Central Florida podcasts: Travel Dining. A History of Central Florida Podcast series explores Central Florida's history through the artifacts found in local area museums and historical societies. These podcasts can…

WGHF00010.JPG
Winter Garden's original fire station, located at 127 South Boyd Street, was built during the Great Depression with funds secured by Mayor George Walker from the Works Progress Administration (WPA). In order to apply to the WPA for funding, the mayor…

WGHF00005.JPG
This one-story Frame Vernacular-style building was constructed at 314 South Boyd Street in Winter Garden, Florida, in 1928. Located in Smith's #3 subdivision, platted by G. T. Smith in 1925, it initially served as the clubhouse for the Winter Garden…

WGHF00003.jpg
The Central Florida Railroad Museum, located at 101 South Boyd Street in Winter Garden, Florida. Originally the Tavares and Gulf Railroad Depot, the building was constructed in 1913 at a cost of $1,765. The western portion, built of Florida sand…