Ford Motor Company Dealership in Downtown Sanford

Dublin Core

Title

Ford Motor Company Dealership in Downtown Sanford

Alternative Title

Ford Dealership

Subject

Sanford (Fla.)
Ford Motor Company
Automobiles--United States
Automobile industry and trade--Southern States

Description

The Ford Motor Company dealership that was located on the southeast corner of North Palmetto Avenue and East Commercial Avenue in Downtown Sanford, Florida, around 1924. The building was designed by architect Elton James Moughton. As of 2012, the location is being used as a parking lot.

Creator

Woodward

Source

Original black and white photograph by Woodward: item 14264-W: Elton Moughton Archives, Private Collection of Christine Dalton.

Date Created

ca. 1924

Is Format Of

Digital reproduction of original black and white photograph by Woodward.

Is Part Of

Elton Moughton Archives, Private Collection of Christine Dalton.
Sanford Collection, Seminole County Collection, RICHES of Central Florida.

Format

image/jpeg

Extent

131 KB

Medium

1 black and white photograph

Language

eng

Type

Still Image

Coverage

Ford Motor Company Dealership, Downtown Sanford, Florida

Accrual Method

Donation

Mediator

History Teacher
Economics Teacher
Geography Teacher

Provenance

Originally created by Woodward.

Rights Holder

Copyright to the resource is held by Christine Dalton and is provided here by RICHES of Central Florida for educational purposes only.

Contributing Project

Curator

Cepero, Laura

Digital Collection

Source Repository

Elton Moughton Archives

External Reference

The Seminole Herald. Sanford: Our First 125 Years. [Sanford, FL]: The Herald, 2002.
Sanford Historical Society (Fla.). Sanford. Charleston, SC: Arcadia, 2003.
"Sanford: A Brief History." City of Sanford. http://www.sanfordfl.gov/index.aspx?page=48.

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

1 black and white photograph

Locations

Categories