Browse Items (7 total)

  • Tags: automobile

HH00407.jpg
A Fourth of July barbecue at Sweetwater Park, located at 201 East Magnolia Street in Oviedo, Florida. Theodore Luqueer Mead and his wife, Edith Katharine Antill Edwards Mead, donated five acres of wooded hammock land to be used for the park. The…

HH00406.jpg
Northbound on Central Avenue in Downtown Oviedo, Florida, in 1974. A number of businesses can be seen in the photograph, including Oviedo Florists, located at 40 West Broadway Street; Oviedo City Cleaners, Inc., located at 30 West Broadway Street,…

SC00894.jpg
The Ford Motor Company dealership that was located on the southeast corner of North Palmetto Avenue and East Commercial Avenue in Downtown Sanford, Florida, around 1924. The building was designed by architect Elton James Moughton. As of 2012, the…

HH00500.jpg
A newspaper photograph published by The Oviedo Outlook on July 7, 1971. This photograph shows a car stuck in a ditch off of Florida State Road 426 in Slavia, Florida. According to the caption, the driver's car slipped off the road when it was…

PB022.jpg
The one-story home built by Maggie Benjamin Black (ca. 1870-ca. 1934) that became the home of her son, Pilgrim Black (1905-2002). An old-fashioned washing machine is pictured next to the back porch, which required the use of a metal tub and a…