St. Luke's Christian Day School Yearbook, 1966-1967
St. Luke's Christian Day School Yearbook
A yearbook for the 1966-1967 school year at St. Luke's Lutheran Church and School, located at 2021 West State Road 426 in Oviedo, Florida. In 1911, members of the Holy Trinity Slovak Lutheran Church in Cleveland, Ohio, formed the Slavia Colony Company. Later that year, the group purchased 1,200 acres in Oviedo. On March 17, 1912, St. Luke the Evangelizer Church was founded. Pastor Stephen M. Tuhy was installed as the congregation's first full-time pastor on July 31, 1934. A new red brick building was constructed as St. Luke's Evangelical Lutheran Church on June 4, 1939. In 1941, the congregation began issuing a weekly bulletin called "The Light." The church nursery school was established in 1944 and the St. Luke’s Christian Day School opened on September 4, 1947. Lutheran Haven, a home for orphaned children and the elderly, was dedicated on May 30, 1948. On May 5, 1957, an enlarged and renovated church building was dedicated. More renovations were completed and a new sanctuary was dedicated on November 14, 1993. A new building for the school was completed in June of 2001 and the Lutheran Haven Early Childhood Center opened on August 22. The Shepherd's Hope Health Care opened in the old school building on December 10, 2002.
Original yearbook, 1967: Private Collection of Edwin White and Carolyn White.
Is Format Of
Digital reproduction of original yearbook, 1967.
Is Part Of
Oviedo Historical Society Collection, Oviedo Collection, Seminole County Collection, RICHES of Central Florida.
St. Luke's Christian Day School, Oviedo, Florida
Originally published by the School Annual Publishing Company.
Private Collection of Edwin White and Carolyn White
"Church History." St. Luke's Lutheran Church and School. http://stlukes-oviedo.org/church-history.
Document Item Type Metadata