Orlando Regions Bank Collection

Selected Items in the Orlando Regions Bank Collection (more...)

Map this Collection in RICHES

Wedding Ceremony for Andy Serros and Helen Gentile in St. James Catholic Cathedral
The wedding ceremony for Andy Serros and Helen Gentile at St. James Cathedral on February 7, 1950. Serros was one of the founders of Orlando Remembered. This wedding was one of the last to be held in the old St. James Church before it was rebuilt to…

Centennial Book of the Cathedral Church of St. Luke, Orlando, Florida, 1874-1974
Centennial Book of the Cathedral Church of St. Luke, which chronicles the history of the first 100 years of the Cathedral Church of St. Luke. The church is located at 130 North Magnolia Avenue in Dowtown Orlando, Florida, and was founded in 1867 by…

Denmark's Sporting Goods
Denmark's Sporting Goods, located at 149 North Magnolia Avenue (formerly Main Street) in Downtown Orlando, Florida. Denmark's was founded in 1941 by Tom Denmark and quickly became one of Central Florida's largest sporting goods suppliers. The store…

Fishing Lure from Denmark's Sporting Goods
A fish lure from Denmark's Sporting Goods, located at 149 North Magnolia Avenue (formerly Main Street) in Downtown Orlando, Florida. Denmark's was founded in 1941 by Tom Denmark and quickly became one of Central Florida's largest sporting goods…

Claude H. Wolfe, Inc. Buggy in Front of the Frigidaire Store
Claude H. Wolfe driving a horse and buggy to deliver refrigerators during World War II. This photograph was used as an advertising campaign for his Frigidaire store. Because gasoline was being rationed during WWII, Wolfe made his deliveries using a…

Fulford Van & Storage Company Calendar, 1948
A Fulford Van & Storage Company calendar for 1948. The company was founded by Jesse Curtis Fulford in 1913. The company moved from its original downtown address at 131-135 North Magnolia Avenue in Downtown Orlando, Florida, to its new location at…

Fulford Van & Storage Company
The Fulford Van & Storage Company was founded by Jesse Curtis Fulford in 1913. The company moved from its original downtown address at 131-135 North Magnolia Avenue in Downtown Orlando, Florida, to its new location at 3750 Bengert Street in 1973…

Gibbs-Louis, Inc. Clothing Label
A Gibbs-Louis, Inc. clothing label. Founded in 1945 by Irving Gibbs, Gibbs-Louis was one of the most popular women's apparel stores in Downtown Orlando in the 1940s and 1950s. Along with the downtown location at 131 North Orange Avenue, there were…

Irving Gibbs
Irvin Gibbs, the founder of Gibbs-Louis, Inc. Getting his start in his father's general store in Live Oak, Florida, Gibbs was a well-known man of fashion in Downtown Orlando, Florida. In 1935, he graduated from the University of Florida with a…

Sears, Roebuck & Company Intercom Telephone
An intercome telephone from the Sears, Roebuck & Company store, which was located at 111-113 North Orange Avenue in Orlando, Florida. Sears moved into the first floor of Philips Apartments in 1931. Before Sears arrived, the building, as well as…

Kiddie Korner Blocks
Toy blocks from Kiddie Korner, a children's store that was also know as Kiddie Shoppe. The store was opened by Nat Berman and Pauline Berman at 66 North Orange Avenue in Downtown Orlando, Florida, in the early 1930s. The shoppe later expanded to a…

Main Street Market
The Main Street Market, located at 137 Main Street (present-day North Magnolia Avenue) in Downtown Orlando, Florida.

"Pennsylvania Polka" Decca Record from Associated Radio Store
A "Pennsylvania Polka" record manufactured by Decca Records, Inc. in New York City, New York. "Pennsylvania Polka" was performed by Lester Lee and Zeke Manners (1911-2000) on The Lawrence Welk Show. This particular copy was purchased from the…

General Electric Radio from Associated Radio Store
A General Electric Radio purchased from the Associated Radio Store, located at 149 North Orange Avenue in Downtown Orlando, Florida. Before the advent of television, radio served as a major source of communication and entertainment. In 1885,…

Roger Holler, Sr. with Sears, Roebuck & Company Fleet of Trucks
Roger Holler, Sr. originally worked for General Motors when he migrated to Orlando, Florida. Soon after relocating, Holler opened his own dealership with Chevrolet. In this photograph, Holler is seen wearing a cowboy hat with a fleet of Sears,…

The Latest Merchandise News for Spring and Summer, 1939
A Sears, Roebuck & Company merchandise catalog for 1939. A Sears store was located at 111-113 North Orange Avenue in Downtown Orlando, Florida. Sears moved into the first floor of Philips Apartments in 1931. Before Sears arrived, the building,…

Sears, Roebuck & Company Blimp
A Sears, Roebuck & Company blimp on the roof of the Sears store located at 111-113 North Orange Avenue in Downtown Orlando, Florida. Sears moved into the first floor of Philips Apartments in 1931. Before Sears arrived, the building, as well as…

Sears, Roebuck & Company Sign
The Sears, Roebuck & Company store located at 111-113 North Orange Avenue in Downtown Orlando, Florida. Sears moved into the first floor of Philips Apartments in 1931. Before Sears arrived, the building, as well as the city of Orlando, was…

Sears, Roebuck & Company Watch Replica
A replica of a Sears, Roebuck & Company watch from 1886. A Sears store was located at 111-113 North Orange Avenue in Downtown Orlando, Florida. Sears moved into the first floor of Philips Apartments in 1931. Before Sears arrived, the building,…

Sears, Roebuck & Company Window Display
A Sears, Roebuck & Company window display showing women's swimsuits during the 1940s or 1950s. The Sears store was located at 111-113 North Orange Avenue in Downtown Orlando, Florida. Sears moved into the first floor of Philips Apartments in…

St. James Catholic Cathedral
St. James Catholic Cathedral, located at 215 North Orange Avenue in Downtown Orlando, Florida, around 1940. In 1881, Bishop John Moore (b. ca. 1834-1901) purchased a block of land bound by Orange Avenue, Magnolia Avenue, Jefferson Street, and…

Cathedral Church of St. Luke
The Cathedral Church of St. Luke is located at 130 North Magnolia Avenue in Dowtown Orlando, Florida, and was founded in 1867 by Francis W. Eppes (1801-1881), the nephew of Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826). The congregation originally worshipped in a log…

Tile from the Cathedral Church of St. Luke
The Cathedral Church of St. Luke is located at 130 North Magnolia Avenue in Dowtown Orlando, Florida, and was founded in 1867 by Francis W. Eppes (1801-1881), the nephew of Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826). The congregation originally worshipped in a log…

Central Florida Personalities: Walton MacJordan
Walton MacJordan (b. 1905) was born in 1905 in Kentucky and attended college at the University of Alabama. He moved to Georgia and started his career in retail by becoming the youngest manager of a department store in the South. In 1932, he moved to…

Orlando Remembered Exhibit at Regions Bank
The exhibit created by Orlando Remembered at the Regions Bank building, located at 111-113 North Orange Avenue in Downtown Orlando, Florida. The Orlando Remembered Committee of the Historical Society of Central Florida, Inc. was created to "showcase…

St. James Catholic Cathedral, 2014
St. James Catholic Cathedral is located at 215 North Orange Avenue in Downtown Orlando, Florida. In 1881, Bishop John Moore (b. ca. 1834-1901) purchased a block of land bound by Orange Avenue, Magnolia Avenue, Jefferson Street, and Robinson Street.…

Orlando Regions Bank Building, 2014
Sears, Roebuck & Company store, which was located at 111-113 North Orange Avenue in Downtown Orlando, Florida. Sears moved into the first floor of Philips Apartments in 1931. Before Sears arrived, the building, as well as the city of Orlando, was…

Former Location of Associated Radio Store
The former location of the Associated Radio Store, located at 149 North Orange Avenue in Downtown Orlando, Florida, in 2014. At the time that this photograph was taken, IKON Office Solutions was operating from this address.

Former Location of Gibbs-Louis, Inc.
The former location of Gibbs-Louis, Inc. Founded in 1945 by Irving Gibbs, Gibbs-Louis was one of the most popular women's apparel stores in Downtown Orlando in the 1940s and 1950s. Along with the downtown location at 131 North Orange Avenue, there…

Former Location of Kiddie Korner
The former location of Kiddie Korner, a children's store that was also know as Kiddie Shoppe. The store was opened by Nat Berman and Pauline Berman at 66 North Orange Avenue in Downtown Orlando, Florida, in the early 1930s. The shoppe later expanded…

Former Location of Fulford Van & Storage Company
The former location of Fulford Van & Storage Company in 2014. The company was founded by Jesse Curtis Fulford in 1913. The company moved from its original downtown address at 131-135 North Magnolia Avenue in Downtown Orlando, Florida, to its new…

Former Location of Denmark's Sporting Goods
The former location of Denmark's Sporting Goods, located at 149 North Magnolia Avenue (formerly Main Street) in Downtown Orlando, Florida. Denmark's was founded in 1941 by Tom Denmark and quickly became one of Central Florida's largest sporting goods…

Cathedral Church of St. Luke, 2014
The Cathedral Church of St. Luke, located at 130 North Magnolia Avenue in Dowtown Orlando, Florida, in 2014. The church was founded in 1867 by Francis W. Eppes (1801-1881), the nephew of Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826). The congregation originally…

Dublin Core

Title

Orlando Regions Bank Collection

Alternative Title

Regions Bank Collection

Subject

Orlando (Fla.)
Churches--Florida
Banks and banking--Florida

Description

Historic artifacts from an exhibit created by Orlando Remembered at the Regions Bank building, located at 111-113 North Orange Avenue in Downtown Orlando, Florida. The Orlando Remembered Committee of the Historical Society of Central Florida, Inc. was created to "showcase artistic renderings of the time depicted, with artifacts and historical memorabilia from the location in an effort to preserve the memory of Orlando's history while acknowledging the potential of the City's future." The exhibit at Regions Bank memorializes several businesses and churches located around the Sears, Roebuck & Company building (now the Regions Bank building), including Frigidaire, the Cathedral of St. Luke, St. James Catholic Church, Denmark's Sporting Goods, Kiddie Korner, Main Street Market, Associated Radio Store, and Gibbs-Louis, Inc. The exhibit was designed by Bob Buck and the artwork was created by Jim Stohl.

Contributor

Buck, Bob
Stohl, Jim
Daily, Mrs. Garrett E.
Daily, Patricia F.
Bourgeois, Charles
Denmark, Pete
Fair, Mrs. George C.
MacJordan, Walton Jr.
McAllister, Nancy
Meeks, Curtis
Serros, Andy
Serros, Helen Gentile
Smith, Daniel B.
Smith, Ellen McGee
Van Den Berg, Peggy Pound
Wolfe, Claude Jr.
Williams, Rachel

Is Part Of

Orlando Remembered Collection, Orlando Collection, Orange County Collection, RICHES of Central Florida.

Language

eng

Type

Collection

Coverage

Cathedral Church of St. Luke, Downtown Orlando, Florida
Denmark's Sporting Goods, Downtown Orlando, Florida
Frigidaire Store, Downtown Orlando, Florida
Fulford Van & Storage Company, Downtown Orlando, Florida
Gibbs-Louis, Downtown Orlando, Florida
Kiddie Korner, Downtown Orlando, Florida
Main Street Market, Downtown Orlando, Florida
Sears, Roebuck & Company, Downtown Orlando, Florida
St. James Catholic Cathedral, Downtown Orlando, Florida

Contributing Project

Curator

Cepero, Laura

Digital Collection

External Reference

"The Historic Icons of Orlando." Orlando Remembered. http://www.historiciconsoforlando.com/.
Bacon, Eve. Orlando: A Centennial History. Chuluota, Fla: Mickler House, 1975.
Rajtar, Steve. A Guide to Historic Orlando. Charleston, SC: History Press, 2006.

Collection Tree