Browse Items (10 total)

  • Tags: dedication ceremony

OR00281.jpg
A letter from Orlando Postmaster James D. Beggs, Jr. to Senator Charles O. Andrews (1877-1946). In the letter, Beggs informs Sen. Andrews that he has received a telegram from Smith W. Purdum, the Second Assistant Postmaster General. Beggs also…

OR00280.jpg
A letter from Orlando Postmaster James D. Beggs, Jr. to Walter Meyer, the Fourth Assistant Postmaster General. In the letter, Beggs acknowledges the receipt of a telegram from Senator Charles O. Andrews (1877-1946) regarding Meyer’s participation…

OR00279.jpg
A telegram from Senator Charles O. Andrews (1877-1946) to the Orlando Postmaster, James D. Beggs, Jr. Sen. Andrews informed Beggs that Walter D. Myers, the Fourth Assistant Postmaster General, will be participating in the dedication ceremony of the…

OR00278.jpg
A telegram from Senator Charles O. Andrews (1877-1946) to the Orlando Postmaster, James D. Beggs, Jr. Sen. Andrews informed Beggs that Walter D. Myers, the Fourth Assistant Postmaster General, will be participating in the dedication ceremony of the…

OR00262.jpg
A letter from John Masek of the Orlando Philatelic Society to H. Leeds Anwyll, citrus executive and newspaper reporter/editor Red McGee, A. Wright, and Orlando Postmaster James D. Beggs, Jr. It is regarding the dedication ceremony of the new Downtown…

OR00261.pdf
In this letter, Mahim A. Leitzel informs James D. Beggs, Jr. that he plans to attend the dedication ceremony of the Downtown Orlando Post Office in Downtown Orlando, Florida, on April 15, 1941. The original post office was housed in the Federal…

OR00251.pdf
The dedication ceremony of the Dixie Village Post Office, located at 2860 Delaney Avenue in Orlando, Florida, on August 2, 1958. Many local dignitaries were present and spoke at the ceremony. Speakers included First Baptist Church of Orlando pastor…

OR00250.pdf
The dedication ceremony of the Dixie Village Post Office, located at 2860 Delaney Avenue in Orlando, Florida, on August 2, 1958. Many local dignitaries were present and spoke at the ceremony. This photograph shows Orlando Postmaster Lucius A. Bryant,…

OR00247.pdf
The dedication ceremony of the Dixie Village Post Office, located at 2860 Delaney Avenue in Orlando, Florida, on August 2, 1958. Many local dignitaries were present and spoke at the ceremony. The first photograph shows J. Powell Tucker, pastor of the…

RRD00027.jpg
The dedication of the Lake Wales Depot Museum, located at 325 South Scenic Highway, was part of a project in Lake Wales, Florida, to commemorate the Bicentennial of the United States on July 4, 1976. The museum still exists today and houses a variety…