Browse Items (12 total)

  • Tags: Starke, George H.

HH00013.jpg
This newspaper article, from The Evening Herald, commemorating Dr. George H. Starke (1898-1978) for his services to the community. In 1971, the Sanford Mayor Lee P. Moore dedicated George Starke Park to Dr. Starke, located at 1501 West Third Street.…

HH00029.jpg
This undated newspaper clipping advertises an "Appreciation Day Sunday" held by the Sanford Chamber of Commerce and the Concerned Citizens Committee for Dr. George H. Starke (1898-1978). The Chamber of Commerce hung a banner over First Street in…

HH00026.jpg
This newspaper clipping, presumably from The Sanford Herald, reproduces a photograph of Sanford's First Street with a banner commemorating Dr. George H. Starke (1898-1978) strung between several buildings. Dr. Starke was a practicing medical doctor…

HH00006.jpg
The stage set, during construction, at the Princess Theater, located at 115 West First Street, for Remade - Not Bought. Remade - Not Bought was a Celery Soup: Florida's Folk Life Play and Creative Sanford, Inc. play performed from October 18 through…

PB034.jpg
Dr. George H. Starke (ca. 1899-ca. 1979), a friend of the Black Family, displaying the fish he caught and brought back to his home on Locust Avenue in Sanford (now part of Winter Springs) 1960. For many years, Dr. Starke was the only…

PB031.jpg
Certificate of birth for Vivian Louise Black (1940-), the daughter of Pilgrim Black (1905-2002) and Lula Mae Haynes Black (1917-2007), who got married in 1937. According to this document, Vivin was born at the Fernald-Laughton Memorial Hospital in…