Browse Items (16 total)

  • Tags: tombstone

TCC00204.jpg
Powell Cemetery, located at 3858 South Orange Avenue in Orlando, Florida, in 2003. The cemetery is located on land originally owned by Isaac and Sarah Ann Powell. The cemetery is approximately a quarter of an acre and has 32 gravestones, many of…

TCC00199.jpg
Orange Hill Cemetery, located approximately at 1700 East Michigan Street in Orlando, Florida, in 2001. Forty acres of land for the graveyard was purchased by Orange County in 1904 to use for the burial of paupers. The cemetery was active from 1917 to…

TCC00192.jpg
Lake Hill Cemetery, located at 5950 Old Winter Garden Road in Orlando, Florida, in 2001. The cemetery, just west of Orlando, is the site of the remains of various early settlers of the city, including Aaron and Mary Jernigan. Originally called …

TCC00191.jpg
Headstone of Julius "July" Perry (1868-1920) in the Section K of the Greenwood Cemetery, located at 1603 Greenwood Street in Orlando,Florda, in 2002. An African-American landowner in Ocoee, July Perry is best known as a victim of mob violence during…

TCC00190.jpg
Greenwood Cemetery, located at 1603 Greenwood Street in Orlando, Florida, in 2002. The cemetery was established in 1880 and officially named Greenwood Cemetery at the suggestion of Samuel Robinson and Cassius Boone. In 1911, the cemetery was expanded…

TCC00186.jpg
The Conway United Methodist Church Cemetery in 2011. Located at 3401 South Conway Road in Conway in Orlando, Florida, the Conway United Methodist Church (UMC) was formed in 1870 as the Prospect Methodist Episcopal Church, South (MECS). In 1874,…

TCC00183.jpg
Headstone of Joseph A. Barber (1860-1920) at the Conway United Methodist Church Cemetery in 2003. Born on Lake Conway, Barber became the first tax collector for Osceola County in 1890 and served in said position for four years. He also served as a…

TCC00182.jpg
Headstone of David Mizell, Jr. (1808-1884), an early settler on Lake Mizell, at the Conway United Methodist Church Cemetery in 2003. Mizell became the first chairman of the Orange County Commission in 1869 and served until through 1871. He also…